1. Little Bow Peep Boutique held an auction February 15 -17, 2013 for OOAK hair bows.
2. On February 16, a Minnie Mouse hair bow that was part of the auction sold for $290, a full day ahead of the end of the auction and was removed. It was then replaced by another hair bow in the auction.
3. Linda Coulson, owner of LBPB, deleted bids from someone who had created a profile on the 16th and also from someone who had a profile with a woman's picture but a man's name.
4. All the remaining bows closed as scheduled on the 17th.
5. LBPB joined Facebook on March 20, 2012.
Questions that have arisen:
1. Why was the auction on the Minnie Mouse bow ended/closed out early?
2. Why was that bow's auction and its remnants removed?
3. Although a profile that had just been created on the 16th would be quite understandably fishy, why would bids be deleted from another person just because the profile had a woman's picture and a man's name?
4. Why, when asked for proof that there was no bid padding, was it not provided (a simple screenshot of all bids would have been all that was necessary)?
5. Who is "Brienna" that one of the bidders (Jamie) complained about that was bidding up all the bows? What happened to all of "Brienna's" bids?
6. Why did only the Minnie Mouse bow go that high when none of the others went higher than $70 (most sold for less than $50)?
7. How does one explain a hair bow (even one that is OOAK) selling for $290 from a vendor who has been in business on Facebook less than a year when many others have been in business much longer and have hair bows of equal or better quality that have not sold one at that price or bidding even going close to that high?
I'm bringing this to everyone's attention because it was brought to my attention in the form of a complaint. There wasn't enough proof to say there definitely was or was not bid padding, but it definitely looks suspicious, to say the least ~ and I told Linda Coulson, the owner of LBPB, this. I told the complainant that I would make a blog post about the situation and leave it open for individuals to form their own opinions since I was unable to officially place anyone on a blog list but I felt strongly that there was something that just wasn't right.