- Caution! Fake Fans & Bad Vendors Blog
- Removal from blog lists
- Fake Fans
- Disappointing Vendors
- Bad Vendors
- Beware! Use caution when dealing with these vendors/people
- Imitation is the best form of flattery...or is it?
- Bad Buyers
- Vendors/Pages Requesting Payments to Be Gifted
- Vendors/Pages Charging PayPal Fees
Friday, September 21, 2012
Giveaways and charging fees to sponsors
Okay, my feelings on hosting giveaways is this: if you are going to host a giveaway and are looking for sponsors, you don't charge them to be in your giveaway. The only way I can see a page legitimately doing so is if it's a networking page that charges all its customers for networking. Beyond that, no page should be charging it's sponsors to be in giveaways, especially not a PER ITEM charge, like Penny Pinching Polly is doing. Also, IF you are charging your sponsors to enter your giveaways, suck it up and pay the Paypal fees. Gifting is against Paypal's User Agreement. You can get reported for fraud. Did you know that?